Missing plural forms in translation

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Oct 24 10:47:46 EDT 2011

--On October 24, 2011 9:33:00 AM +0200 Christian Stimming
<christian at cstimming.de> wrote:

> Instead, those cases should be re-worded so that there is one text
> field as  the title of the spin button, and that's it, but not a
> split sentence.  However, I don't know what would be a good wording
> for this case...

Couldn't you do something like translate "Every % days" using ngettext
then split the result at the %?  Is there any language for which this
wouldn't work?  Effectively you are just substituting the number for
the %.  Why wouldn't this work?

         Mike