Fwd: French translation for GnuCash ...

jerome romjerome at yahoo.fr
Sat Oct 29 18:06:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

As said by John, I started to improve the french translation for 2.4.x/trunk branch, which sounds out of date. Does a group of french users really exist ?

I shared with John my first modifications for a more confortable local use with my default locale. Here, the second one, which is more consistent and tries to fix some wording issues.

At a glance, strings like 'Enable extra buttons' or comment/description on Job report are missing from my current working fr.po! I guess there is also a new template somewhere, but I was not able to find it...

I have basics of gettext, intltool, GNOME environment and I already provided french translations for others projects in the past.
I do not plan to be the french translator for Gnucash, but I should be able to quickly improve the current one.

Best regards,
Jérôme