Docs build (was: Re: Docs build failure: jp-html)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Tue Sep 6 02:46:11 EDT 2011

Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
>> Which means that the pdf target has not rebuilt since Jul 2.  However, the
>> build rule *is*:
>>
>> make html pdf
>>
> Are you sure there have been any changes to the source files since Jul 2 ? I
> don't see a need to rebuild the pdf is its sources are unchanged.
>
> (Looking at the rules now...)
>
> It seems the images are not marked as dependencies of the pdf files. So if an
> images is changed, this will not trigger a rebuild. Perhaps we
> should list the images as dependencies to fix this ?

We could, but you can easily imagine the follow-up problem with this:
As soon as any editor changes a filename of an image or removes one,
he/she will surely forget to adapt those makefile dependency rules,
causing another break of build... but maybe that's not a problem and
it is probably a good idea to add the images as dependencies.

Regards,

Christian