"trunk" is ambigous

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Sep 6 18:16:42 EDT 2011

I've been trying to set things up to use the git mirror of the
subversion repository for GnuCash as described on the wiki.  I
submitted a trivial patch last night to make sure things were working
ok.  They seem to be fine, but git keeps complaining "warning: refname
'trunk' is ambiguous" when I do things like git-update or git checkout
trunk.  I think I followed the instructions on the Wiki, but I must not
have.  Does anyone know what I did wrong or how to fix it?  Although
things seem to be working I wonder if this is a symptom of a problem
that will cause trouble later.

             Mike