GnuCash for Symbian

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Apr 4 12:33:29 EDT 2012

--On April 4, 2012 10:56:02 AM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>
wrote:

> GnuCash does have a QIF Import facility, but it's not automated, and
> frankly I cannot think of a way to make it into an automated process
> due to the way it needs to perform transaction duplicate detection
> (and verification) as well as the transaction mapper to map to proper
> accounts.
>
> Your best option would be to provide a way to extract QIF from your
> application so that a user can load it into GnuCash using the QIF
> importer.

Bluetooth doesn't necessarily imply automatic.  It might be possible to
fix things up so that the existing QIF importer reads the QIF data from
a bluetooth connection.  This would depend on the availability of
appropriate libraries on all the relevant platforms and require a
significant amount of work inside GnuCash.  I don't know if this would
be enough to satisfy the requirements or not.

          Mike