GSoC Android proposal

Muslim Chochlov muslim.chochlov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:31:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

As for the part  "How do you plan to achieve completion of your project?", I
> assumed that that was the part where the proposal was to be entered.
> Because the next sentence just seems to add detail to the question "It
> really helps to see a schedule with dates and important
> milestones/deliveries (preferably in two weeks increments)."
>
> In this part you could go more into detail on which technologies you would
use, what would
be your application's architecture etc. It should prove that your are
familiar with the tools you are
going to use and actually understand what you will be doing.

> The application passcode lock is to enable one to be able to lock the
> application with the passcode, so that if someone borrows a device
> temporarily they do not have to see all your transactions. But maybe this
> is not so necessary.
>
> It is definitely a nice thing to have, but it should be left behind until
the tasks with a higher priority are done.
You should focus on implementing storage, ui, and export functionality.
Things like passcode locker, multiplatform support and similar should be
shifted towards
the end of your coding period. So that they don't stand in the way of your
main tasks. I checked your
projects on the github and it seems you have good Android programming
skills. But again I would suggest you to start development
targeting the most recent platform sdk (or whichever version you prefer)
unless you are quite confident you can do it multiplatform from the
beginning.

Also take a look at the parallel thread about Symbian mobile application,
which is basically a twin brother of your project.
Christian suggests using OFX format instead of QIF, because it will cause
less trouble when importing into desktop app.
Correct me if I'm wrong Christian.
If so, I would go for OFX format so that we don't get into trouble later.

What are you working on now (if working)? The deadlines are approaching and
it is
essential to have some code to show to Gnome. If you have a piece of code,
even one line - show it.

Cheers,
Muslim Chochlov