Git on Windows

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Apr 28 12:35:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have just committed a couple of patches that should allow the Windows
build to use a git repository as its source. I started from Christian's
original work and tweaked it a bit to avoid the sed segfault we had before.

Parameters to set in custom.sh are:
REPOS_TYPE=git
(default value is svn)
GIT_REV=trunk (or whatever branch/tag/commit you like)
UPDATES_SOURCES=yes

So far the build runs fine. What hasn't been updated yet are the build
scripts used for the automatic nightly builds.

And also, I'm not sure what the code should do to "update the source".
In svn this was as simple as "svn up", because there's a central
repository and the working copy is checked out from there. But what
would be the equivalent in git ? git pull ? Our custom git-update ? git
rebase ?

Geert