r22289 - gnucash/trunk/src - Initial code for a new register.

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:13:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

I wrote the patch associated to bug 673193 that Geert has added.
I have added a patch to that bug to fix the errors reported by Frank.
I wanted to see if it was possible to get a tree view based register to
look like the current format and is based on a started register rewrite
some time ago.
There is still a lot to be done and it does crash under certain
circumstances, mainly to do with updating the new register display, but the
basic look is there.
If you want to change the look, close the register, change your preference
and then open an account with the new register.

What I would like is some feedback on whether this is worth pursuing, any
recommendations, changes, different direction ?

Bob