Scripting

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Aug 10 11:34:56 EDT 2012

On 10-08-12 15:54, John Ralls wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:22 AM, reubano <reubano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So according to the wiki[1] should we follow directions for Non-Committers
>> or Committers? I would think the best option would be to clone and then
>> submit pull requests but I'm not sure if things are setup to work that way.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
> ... Even though the "Author" tag gets stripped by subversion, please use git format-patch to create your patches so that we get your commit messages. ...

And particularly because the "Author" tag gets stripped by subversion,
I'd recommend adding a line
"Patch by xyz" directly in the comment. That way, we still know the
original author even in svn.
I try to add this line every time I apply a patch by someone else,
though I sometimes forget. If it's in the comment already, there's no
risk of forgetting it.

Geert