GnucashMobile for Android second alpha release
graham at menhennitt.com.au
Sat Aug 11 21:58:06 EDT 2012
On 27/07/2012 20:14, Ngewi Fet wrote:
> The second alpha release of Gnucash just went live.
I finally got around to installing this. It looks great - the homescreen
widgets are a real bonus.
A few (very) minor points:
- As somebody else noted on your blog, I had to uninstall the previous
- For 99% of people, the currency will only ever be their own currency.
It would be good if you could hide the currency per account and by default.
- On the settings screen, the current setting of the default currency
should be shown (so you don't have to click on Default Currency and look
for the green dot)
- On the Export OFX pop-up (on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Android 3.2),
the buttons get half chopped off the bottom of the box.
- On the same pop-up, the button labels are chopped off to "Canc" and
- The program doesn't appear in the Android Task Manager or Running
Programs list (the Android overlapping rectangles button)
- When entering a transaction, it would be nice to have a Done or Save
button on the keyboard so you don't have to go up to the Save in the top
- When I imported the OFX file into GnuCash on my desktop, the expenses
came out as credits and vice-versa. This is very possibly something that
I've done wrong.
- The imported transactions had crazy dates - today's date become
14-Dec-4163. Again, maybe my fault.
- This one is definitely nothing to do with your code, but an
enhancement request to GnuCash: it would be nice if you could drag and
drop an OFX file into GnuCash to get it imported. Then you can use
GnuCash Mobile to email it to yourself and drag it from your mail client.
But, overall, an excellent job. Thanks very much for it - I'll be using
More information about the gnucash-devel