Re: First git based automated build

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Aug 12 18:47:20 EDT 2012

Oops hit the wrong reply button...

-derek

Sent from my HTC smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <derek at ihtfp.com>
To: "John Ralls" <jralls at ceridwen.us>
Subject: Re: First git based automated build
Date: Sun, Aug 12, 2012 6:33 PM

Geert, nice work. Glad we have that working.  One step closer.

John, I see only two reasonable options, github or code.gnucash.org. I think both sf and gnome are non starters. Github is an option because some devs are already using it. I don't know if it can provide all the hooks we want, such as port knockers to kick off updates of web servers and such.

The docs build is a pull cron job. Changing it from svn update to git pull should be relatively easy. I don't know how hard it will be to swap the htdocs from svn to git.. That require help from Linas.