Invoice Importer

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 11:26:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:00:20 +0300
Reuben Cummings <reubano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/20/12, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> > reubano <reubano at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Mike Evans wrote

> >> I just tried using the importer on 2.4.11 and the same problem is
> >> occurring.
> >> Invoices and bills import just fine. But, after I post them and
> >> then restart
> >> gnucash, neither the new invoices nor bills show up in the druid.
> >> I'm using
> >> the mac binary.
> >
> > The patch he was referring to was for the "row-skipping" issue.
> >
> > The post/restart/not-showing is completely different.  Are you
> > using a SQL backend or XML?  And how do you "start" gnucash?
> >
> > -derek

I can reproduce this behaviour on linux too.  Obviously a bug.  On
reloading the sqlite file I see:

* 16:12:18  WARN <gnc.backend.sql> [load_invoice_guid()] Invoice ref
  '87c42b5bb338df5c665c49ce1d4422c4' not found
* 16:12:20  WARN <gnc.business.gnome> Can't find invoice
  87c42b5bb338df5c665c49ce1d4422c4 in current book.
* 16:12:20  WARN <gnc.business.gnome> Giving up on restoring 'Page 5'.
* 16:16:52  CRIT <gnc.backend.sql> gnc_sql_save_commodity: assertion
  `pCommodity != NULL' failed
* 16:16:52  CRIT <gnc.backend.sql> gnc_sql_save_commodity: assertion
  `pCommodity != NULL' failed

Please file a bug report for this.

Note that the function works fine with the XML data storage.

Mike E