Tagging the 2.4.10 release

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Feb 5 04:13:33 EST 2012

Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 17:24:07 schrieb John Ralls:
> > Just to continue with the test, I have connected to the VM via the xen
> > console and set the depth to 24-bit there. In this configuration
> > GnuCash starts fine. The trade-offs are that my screen is now only
> > 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024, and the xen console is unworkably slow.
> > I also used a VNC connection via TightVNC. This can be configured to
> > use 24-bit at 1024x768 as well, but there I get horrible visual
> > artifacts caused by the mouse movement.
> >
> > So I think we have found the cause and as far as I'm concerned this
> > shouldn't be blocking the 2.4.10 release anymore.
>
> Might not be necessary:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/gdk/win32/gdkpixmap-win32.c?h=gtk-2
> -24&id=ba8c4bb049b36b3707c2c8f22c5c66b497e2d2cf
>
> Gtk_-2.24.9 just got released last week. I'll blind-change defaults.sh to
> use it in a few minutes and we can cross our fingers. If the nightly
> builds, Geert can try it tomorrow and barring any issues it can go in the
> release on Monday.

I just triggered a build manually. If it works, is it possible to have a
2.4.10 release ready by Monday morning? Given sourceforge's decision to let
gnucash appear as "weekly featured project", I'm wondering whether we better
have the version with less Windows bugs available as the main download
version...

Regards,

Christian