vmware console plugin (was: Tagging the 2.4.10 release)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Feb 5 15:05:33 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, February 5, 2012 2:48 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012, 14:37:03 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>> > I planned to start another build manually, but currently I can't log
>> > into the Windows build server.
>> >
>> > @Derek: Did it crash or something similar? I don't get a vmware
>> console
>> > through the firefox plugin anymore.
>>
>> You need to be using Firefox 3.5 or older.  The console plugin does not
>> work with firefox 3.6 or newer.  :-(
>
> Well, yes, I know about this issue. I've logged into the console this
> morning
> (using firefox 3.5). Now when trying this again this evening I don't get
> the
> login screen of the firefox plugin again. Is there some problem with the
> vmware server?

Could be.  Another thing that seems to help is clearing out the browser
history, exiting the browser, and then starting up again.  I just
restarted the management server and it sems to be working again.

>> I need to find a new vm hosting solution, but time is tight and "if it
>> aint broke" has been a big motto in my life recently.
>
> Which is totally fine with me. I thought if it works with firefox 3.5, all
> is
> fine with this solution.

Yeah, it's been working this long, but I would like to find a better
solution in the next couple years :)  Vmware EOLed their vmware-server
product in June 2010...

> Regards,
>
> Christian

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745