vmware console plugin (was: Tagging the 2.4.10 release)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Feb 5 14:48:57 EST 2012

Am Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012, 14:37:03 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > I planned to start another build manually, but currently I can't log
> > into the Windows build server.
> >
> > @Derek: Did it crash or something similar? I don't get a vmware console
> > through the firefox plugin anymore.
>
> You need to be using Firefox 3.5 or older.  The console plugin does not
> work with firefox 3.6 or newer.  :-(

Well, yes, I know about this issue. I've logged into the console this morning
(using firefox 3.5). Now when trying this again this evening I don't get the
login screen of the firefox plugin again. Is there some problem with the
vmware server?

> I need to find a new vm hosting solution, but time is tight and "if it
> aint broke" has been a big motto in my life recently.

Which is totally fine with me. I thought if it works with firefox 3.5, all is
fine with this solution.

Regards,

Christian