For The Love Of Bitcoin

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Fri Feb 17 14:38:38 EST 2012

Price quotes are fetched using an external library, specifically the Perl
module Finance::Quote (F::Q). Quoting it's manual: "module gets stock
quotes from various internet sources, including Yahoo! Finance, Fidelity
Investments, and the Australian Stock Exchange"

It would be relatively easy to add support for pulling BTC rates from some
exchange, the exchange specific modules are only about 100-400 lines each.
But that assumes that publicly accessible feeds exist.