Building GnuCash on MacOSX Lion

Reuben Cummings reubano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 03:05:01 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> No, WebKit has nothing to do with your crash, which is probably a dbus permissions issue. Are you trying to start gnucash directly instead of using gnucash-launcher?

Yes, via the command line with

gnucash

I didn't make a launcher

> You can use *either* jhbuild *or* macports. They can't be used together because the dependency libraries get scrambled. This is made extraordinarily clear on the Gtk-OSX Building page on Gnome Live.

I'm not trying to do both. I have macports installed on my regular
account but made a new login so I could install jhbuild with no
problems. I just asked because if I can use the macports version, that
will work out better since I won't have to switch login accounts.

> The note about gtkhtml applies to Tiger, not Lion. That said, those are the "step by step instructions", and if they sound too daunting, they probably are.

Ok. But I guess it's a moot point anyway since the note only applies
to Tiger. So, for now I'll try compiling with macports and see if I
can get python-bindings working that way. Thanks!