Building GnuCash on MacOSX Lion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Feb 23 10:09:04 EST 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 12:05 AM, Reuben Cummings wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>

>> No, WebKit has nothing to do with your crash, which is probably a dbus permissions issue. Are you trying to start gnucash directly instead of using gnucash-launcher?
>
> Yes, via the command line with
>
> gnucash
>
> I didn't make a launcher

That's your problem. You want to say

gnucash-launcher

which is a shell script that starts up dbus-daemon before starting gnucash. You don't have to do anything to build it; it's built and installed by the Makefiles.

I see that I forgot to update the Wiki page when we changed the environment setup so that gnucash-launcher was necessary on Macs. I've just fixed that as well as making it more explicit that gtkhtml is just for Tiger.

Regards,
John Ralls