Error building gnucash with macports to a custom location

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Feb 26 23:43:53 EST 2012

--On February 25, 2012 12:53:04 PM -0800 reubano <reubano at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This happened with guile the first time and I fixed it by installing
> guile and slib-guile into /opt/local. Any idea how to fix this?

You probably need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PKG_CONFIG.  I used to
build both the Aqua and X11 versions of Gnucash with Macports building
the dependencies using a Perl script that contains these lines
(slightly edited):

      $ENV{ "CPPFLAGS" } = "-I$macports_dir/include";
      $ENV{ "LDFLAGS" } = "-L$macports_dir/lib";
      $ENV{ "PKG_CONFIG_PATH" } =
"$macports_dir/lib/pkgconfig:$macports_dir/share/pkgconfig:$ENV{\"PKG_CONFIG_PATH\"}";
      $ENV{ "PKG_CONFIG" } = "$macports_dir/bin/pkg-config";

where $macports_dir was either /opt/aqua or /opt/local (backwards from
your two).  I still use this script for building the X11 version but
not the Aqua version.

          Mike