Error building gnucash with macports to a custom location

reubano reubano at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:45:02 EST 2012

Mike Alexander wrote

> --On February 25, 2012 12:53:04 PM -0800 reubano <reubano@>
> wrote:
>
>> This happened with guile the first time and I fixed it by installing
>> guile and slib-guile into /opt/local. Any idea how to fix this?
>
> You probably need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PKG_CONFIG.  I used to
> build both the Aqua and X11 versions of Gnucash with Macports building
> the dependencies using a Perl script that contains these lines
> (slightly edited):
>
>       $ENV{ "CPPFLAGS" } = "-I$macports_dir/include";
>       $ENV{ "LDFLAGS" } = "-L$macports_dir/lib";
>       $ENV{ "PKG_CONFIG_PATH" } =
> "$macports_dir/lib/pkgconfig:$macports_dir/share/pkgconfig:$ENV{\"PKG_CONFIG_PATH\"}";
>       $ENV{ "PKG_CONFIG" } = "$macports_dir/bin/pkg-config";

Still not working. I tried adding

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/opt/x11/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/x11/share/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
export PKG_CONFIG="/opt/x11/bin/pkg-config"

> where $macports_dir was either /opt/aqua or /opt/local (backwards from
> your two).  I still use this script for building the X11 version but
> not the Aqua version.

How did you get the aqua version to build? I made a new macports directory
because the current one has gtk2 @2.24.10_0+no_x11+quartz which
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32059 prevented gnome from building