iPad 2 app - please?

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Jan 7 14:58:57 EST 2012

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:33:25 -0800, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2012, at 1:32 PM, Nick Kemp wrote:
>
>> I am a big gnucash fan – however, I would really love to have an ipad
>> app... please?
>>

> This has been discussed at length before. It isn't going to happen, not
> least because Gtk doesn't support iOS.

Also, it's not at all clear whether gnucash's use of guile would get past
Apple's approval process.  If it was an easy port, I'd say let someone
try it and see.  But to do a major rewrite and have it rejected would be
annoying.

The gambit (another implementation of Scheme) implementors had a gambit
app approved for a short while, then rejected and removed from the app
market.  The last thing you'd want would be to start relying on it and
then have Apple pull the app.

-- hendrik