jhbuild error on Mac OSX Lion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jan 9 10:11:04 EST 2012

On Jan 9, 2012, at 5:20 AM, Reuben Cummings wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> Did you read the section in the Gtk-OSX instructions about Lion, and how the old XCode3 SDKs don't work with XCode4?
>>
>> Use the 10.6 SDK that came with XCode4.
>
> Oh, I forgot about that section. Bootstrap is now working.
>
> tokpro:~ admin$ jhbuild bootstrap
> *** success *** [12/12]
> I: some modules (flex) were automatically ignored as a sufficient
> enough version was found installed on your system. Use --ignore-system
> if you want to build them nevertheless.
>
> Here is what I wound up adding to .jhbuildrc-custom (note that the
> order is important)
>
> os.environ["ARCHFLAGS"] = "-arch x86_64 -arch i386"
> moduleset = "http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-osx/plain/modulesets-stable/gtk-osx.modules"
> setup_sdk(target="10.6", sdk_version="10.6", architectures=["i386"])
> os.environ["CC"] = "/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2"
> os.environ["CXX"] = "/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2"
>
> However, the next step doesn't.
>
> tokpro:~ admin$ jhbuild build
> jhbuild build: module "'gnucash'" not found
> Usage: jhbuild [ -f config ] command [ options ... ]

First of all, please remember to copy the list on your replies.

Second, don't try to build universal -- do only one architecture. Nothing in Gnucash benefits from 64-bit anything, so
there's no point.

Third, you're still not doing very well in the instructions-reading department. You have to use a different moduleset to
get the gnucash modules.

Regards,
John Ralls