Customer Import Plugin

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 08:17:47 EST 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:17:54 +0300
Reuben Cummings <reubano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>
> wrote:
> > John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> >> Then, as Mike pointed out, it's unlikely to work. ;-)
> >
> > Right. You have to build the module, too.
> >
> >> Regards,
> >> John Ralls
> >
> > -derek
>
> Ok, just so I have this straight.
>
> 1) wait for Mike to check in the patch
> 2) build the new gnucash with customer import module
>
> Is this correct??
Hi Reuben

Correct.  I'll post here when I add the code.  It seems to be working
fine so could well be today (or this week).  There's some code
duplicated with the bill/invoice importer which I'd like to refactor
out first though.

Not sure whether it should be backported to 2.4.  What's the opinion of
the other developers?

No flags or switches required to build and I've only tested this
on Fedora14 so you can be the Mac tester.  It works in the same manner
as the invoice/bill importer which means it's rather inflexible in that
the input files again have to have fixed order fields, which are obvious
from the code but I'll have to write a manual/guide.

Mike Evans