Customer Import Plugin

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 10 08:56:47 EST 2012

On 01/10/2012 02:17 PM, Mike Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:17:54 +0300
> Reuben Cummings<reubano at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Derek Atkins<warlord at mit.edu>
>> wrote:

>>> Right. You have to build the module, too.

>>> -derek
>> Ok, just so I have this straight.
>>
>> 1) wait for Mike to check in the patch
>> 2) build the new gnucash with customer import module
>>
>> Is this correct??
> Hi Reuben
>
> Correct.  I'll post here when I add the code.  It seems to be working
> fine so could well be today (or this week).  There's some code
> duplicated with the bill/invoice importer which I'd like to refactor
> out first though.
Bob Fewell recently posted a patch to bugzilla for the bill/invoice
importer (converting it from libglade to gtkbuilder, including some
other fixes). Due to a lack of time this week I haven't looked at it
yet, but perhaps you could check if it overlaps with your fixes and if
necessary evaluate which patch is best applied first.

> Not sure whether it should be backported to 2.4.  What's the opinion of
> the other developers?
In general: if it fixes a bug that's also present in 2.4 it should be
backported provided it's a fairly trivial patch. If it adds/improves
features in the bi module only, I don't think it should be backported. I
didn't closely follow the thread from the beginning, so I'm not sure
what your patch would change.

Geert