Customer Import Plugin

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 09:30:08 EST 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:56:47 +0100
Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On 01/10/2012 02:17 PM, Mike Evans wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:17:54 +0300
> > Reuben Cummings<reubano at gmail.com>  wrote:

> >> Ok, just so I have this straight.
> >>
> >> 1) wait for Mike to check in the patch
> >> 2) build the new gnucash with customer import module
> >>
> >> Is this correct??
> > Hi Reuben
> >
> > Correct.  I'll post here when I add the code.  It seems to be
> > working fine so could well be today (or this week).  There's some
> > code duplicated with the bill/invoice importer which I'd like to
> > refactor out first though.
> Bob Fewell recently posted a patch to bugzilla for the bill/invoice
> importer (converting it from libglade to gtkbuilder, including some
> other fixes). Due to a lack of time this week I haven't looked at it
> yet, but perhaps you could check if it overlaps with your fixes and
> if necessary evaluate which patch is best applied first.

Geert
I found Bug 658738 which fixed a couple of issues, I've incorporated
those (mostly).  Searching bigzilla... Aha!  yesterday, Bug 667581.  I
hadn't seen it. I will look through it before I go any further.

> > Not sure whether it should be backported to 2.4.  What's the
> > opinion of the other developers?
> In general: if it fixes a bug that's also present in 2.4 it should be
> backported provided it's a fairly trivial patch. If it adds/improves
> features in the bi module only, I don't think it should be
> backported. I didn't closely follow the thread from the beginning, so
> I'm not sure what your patch would change.
I'm not keen on applying it to the 2.4 branch either, there's probably
(are) too many bugs in it.  Perhaps Bob would like to fix them for me?

Thanks Geert