sed.exe crash (Re: 2.4.9)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Wed Jan 11 16:47:39 EST 2012

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2012, 14:29:34 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> "Derek Atkins" <derek at ihtfp.com> writes:
> > On Tue, January 10, 2012 11:32 pm, John Ralls wrote:
> >> * I asked Derek to look into it on IRC around 1700 (0300 UTC).
> >
> > I just rebooted the VM.  Hopefully it'll build tonight.  I'll check in
> > the morning.
>
> Alas, no.  It failed in the same way, with a crash in sed.exe.  The end
> of the build log says:
>
> ##################################
> ###  GNUTLS
> ##################################
>      0 [main] sed 1640 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> ###  sed.exe.stackdump
>
> And there's a popup:
>
> sed.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>

> This is the second time this has happened.  I'm not sure if perhaps
> sed.exe needs to be reinstalled?
>
> I clicked on "Do Not Send" and now it's running build_tags.sh -- I'll
> keep an eye on it and see what happens later.  Right now it's sitting at
> "At revision 21846." and hasn't done anything else, yet.  If sed.exe
> dies again I'm not exactly sure what to suggest.  I could try to
> reinstall the build server?

Hm... I wonder whether my recent addition of git might have triggered this
one? Maybe the git package comes with some DLL in its bin directory which
cause sed.exe to crash. I'll remove git from the build (so that subsequently
its bin directory isn't in the PATH anymore) and maybe this helps...

Regards,

Christian