marking a transaction cleared "c" causes malfunction of program

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 19:37:19 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Markus Scheffler <markus1611 at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Thanks Don for your feedback. I should have been more precise. Could you
> please try marking a transaction cleared "c" and click with the
> cursor on another transaction - not enter (usually this way you got a
> message whether you wanna safe the transaction). If I use the enter button
> it works fine, just clicking on another transaction causes the mentioned
> behaviour.

I just tried this on the same machine/setup I mentioned earlier. I changed
a transaction to 'cleared' and then clicked another transaction without
recording the first one. Got the usual pop-up, clicked 'Record changes',
and all was well. I did this with gnucash talking to my data stored in
postgres, so guessing that you are not doing that, I saved the data to an
xml file. (When I did that, the register failed to get repainted properly
after having been covered by the file dialog box, so this is a bug. I
forced repainting by scrolling the register, which fixed it. This is a bug.
I will file a bug report. ) I did this to account for the extremely
unlikely possibility  that my use of the database prevented the problem you
observed. And so I did your test in a fresh instance of gnucash with the
xml file loaded and, as I expected, it worked correctly. So your problem
appears to be Windows-specific.

/Don