R: Re: Delete post

Conrad Canterford conrad at watersprite.com.au
Thu Jan 19 05:04:52 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 18:18 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Forwarding back to gnucash-devel, where it belongs...
> -derek
> Libero <liberort at libero.it> writes:
> > Don't talk bullshit and delete my messages ....

Now that's a good way to get what you want, isn't it!

As Derek tried to explain to you, the (many) public archives of this
mailing list are not under the control of anyone involved in Gnucash.
The site you pointed out is www.mail-archive.com. Maybe you should try
contacting the owners of that site and requesting them to delete your
posts?
While you're at it, you also need to contact:
gmame.org
nabble.com
web.archiveorange.com
answerpot.com

and there are probably others. These are just the ones I managed to
identify fairly easily. To the best of my knowledge, none of these are
under the control of Derek or anyone else associated with gnucash.

The only archive where Derek *might* be able to delete your posts is the
gnucash controlled one. I've never tried to delete a post from a mailman
achive so I don't know just how difficult it is to achieve, but given
that Derek is not paid to do this, and I have identified at least 5
other sources of this information, I don't think it is worth his time
and effort deleting it from there when it is going to continue to be
available elsewhere.

Sorry, but the horse has well and truly bolted. If you're really worried
about it, change your email address.

Conrad