r21886 - gnucash/branches/2.4 - [Bug #667900] no clipboard editing in Release 2.4.9

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jan 25 19:59:20 EST 2012

On Jan 25, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> John,
>
> John Ralls <jralls at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>> Modified:
>>   gnucash/branches/2.4/packaging/win32/defaults.sh
>>   gnucash/branches/2.4/src/register/register-gnome/gnucash-item-edit.c
>> Log:
>> [Bug #667900] no clipboard editing in Release 2.4.9
>>
>> Update Gtk+ to 2.24.8 for Windows, to pick up da756d51 (win32: fix gdk clipboard).
>> Rewrite gnc_item_edit_cut_copy_clipboard and gnc_item_edit_paste_clipboard to use gtk_clipboard functions instead of the lower level gtk_selection functions.
>
> Have we verified that these changes to gnucash-item-edit.c work on Mac
> and Linux as well, and are still valid for the versions of Gtk supported
> in 2.4?  Wouldn't we want these changes in trunk as well?  Or is this a
> backport of some trunk changes?

Yes, I tested on Linux. The GtkSelection code on Mac actually uses these GtkClipboard functions rather than the other way around, and are only available on my gtk-2-24-quartz branch because Kris Reitveld has never gotten around to reviewing them. I'll double check on a Mac build tomorrow just to be safe.

Yes, the functions I used are supported from Gtk+-2.0.  Unless this is code left over from Gtk+-1.0, they're what *should* have been used in the first place.

Yes, I'll forward-port them to trunk. In this case it seemed more expedient to find and fix the problem on the stable branch first.

Regards,
John Ralls