only amount

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 6 11:41:26 EST 2012

Hi,

ST <smntov at gmail.com> writes:

> when I removed "-public" from define it started to work...
>
> I tried:
>
> (define (fmtmoneyNoCurrency curr amt)
>   ;; Format a monetary amount in the given currency as HTML
>   (nbsp (gnc:monetary->string (gnc:gnc-monetary-amount amt))))
>
> but it also produced errors...
>
> So the questions is - how do I rewrite this function so that it prints
> only amount without currency?

The gnc:monetary->string API expects a <gnc:monetary>.  What you want is
a modification of that API that passes #f instead of #t into
gnc-commodity-print-info.  So something like:

(define (fmtmoneyNoCurrency value)
  (xaccPrintAmount
   (gnc:gnc-monetary-amount value)
   (gnc-commodity-print-info (gnc:gnc-monetary-commodity value) #f)))

Then you can use this instead of gnc:monetary->string