Question about Platform Support

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat May 12 01:56:48 EDT 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 17:50:59 -0400
John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On May 11, 2012, at 12:02 PM, Jacquelyn Sykes wrote:
>
> > I looked all over your web site and this is the only e-mail address
> > I found.
> >
> > I've been using your program for both Linux and Windows operating
> > systems and really like it.
> >
> > I recently bought an Android 4.0 tablet. Do you have any plans to
> > develope an Android version of GnuCash? If yes, when do you think
> > it might be ready.
> >
> > Unfortuneately, I don't have any programming skills to help with it.
> >
> > Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
> >

> You should have looked a little harder: You want
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org.
>
> No, Gnucash itself works only on Linux, Microsoft Windows, and Mac
> OSX. A student is working on a companion program for Android as a
> Google Summer of Code project. It won't implement Gnucash but will
> rather serve to collect transactions for later import into Gnucash.
> You can have a look at his proposal at
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGRBPlT7Iq-_UmncmLO9vSsnNrGj2g7Xjo1qazDggWg/edit
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I let this one through to gnucash-devel, partly because of the
statement that this was the address found on the web page, and partly
because the question did relate to a version in development only.
The question wasn't suited to my routine note directing people to the
FAQ and then gnucash-user.

Could I ask the poster....
Could we make gnucash-user more obvious than gnucash-devel on the web
page?

Anything else that would help you see the user mailing list as the
place to which to write?

Liz