Running unit tests under valgrind

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 21 14:46:48 EDT 2012

Phil,

On Mon, May 21, 2012 2:36 pm, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> I already found one memory leak and one uninitialized variable when
> running the libqof/qof unit tests under valgrind.  Can we set up all unit
> tests to run with valgrind automatically?

i would object to that.  I always run "make check" on all builds, and I do
not yet always have valgrind installed/configured.  I suspect that is true
for many users, too.

I would not object to an --enable-valgrind configure option that would
enable running unit tests with valgrind, or even a configure test that
detects a working VG install.  But it should not be required.

Thanks,

> Phil

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745