Problem with category description (xea files) and special characters

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Nov 24 04:34:00 EST 2012

Ok. I suspect there will be several of these small charset related
issues that will be fixed in trunk. This is likely because I have
removed the old gnome_init in favour of the newer gtk_init. That already
fixed double-clicking a file on Windows in non-UTF-8 environments and
now also fixes a loading bug in xea files.

I can't easily backport this to 2.4, because it is not a trivial patch.
So in the Windows users will unfortunately have to wait for 2.6 to see
these improvements.

Geert

On 24-11-12 10:17, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> I was using 2.4.11 on win XP. I didn't think about testing the trunk
> build...just tested it and the problem is gone.
>
> Thanks
> Cristian
>
> Il 23/11/2012 19.30, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
>> Hi Cristian,
>>
>> Which version of GnuCash are you trying this with ? I tested with a
>> recent trunk build on Windows XP (set LANG=it_IT in the environment
>> file) and I see all the descriptions in the xea file.
>>

>> Geert
>>
>> On 21-11-12 20:37, Cristian Marchi wrote:
>>> I run into a problem with the category description (contained in the
>>> xea files) in the third step of the New Account Hierarchy Assistant:
>>> the description is not shown if it contains special characters like
>>> à, è, ù etc... This happen only under windows XP and not under Linux
>>> (tested with the Italian translation). Should I open a bug report or
>>> can it be a problem related to charset?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Cristian