Please disable page creation on the wiki temporarily

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Nov 24 05:39:18 EST 2012

Am Freitag, 23. November 2012, 10:23:51 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> >> wiki? I urge you to please temporarily disable the page creation
> >> permission ("createpage") for normal users.
>
> Fell usually works on it, too,but I think he's away on holiday right now.

Yes. And also the volume has increased.

> >> According to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Special:ListGroupRights, the
> >> user group "all" has the permission to create pages "createpage" and
> >> create discussion pages "createtalk". Both should be disabled for some
> >> days so that I get some relief of the daily spam deletion tasks.
> >> Thanks!
>
> Hmm, createpage should only exist for authenticated users, and it should
> be delayed by 7 days (i.e., the account must exist for 7 days before they
> can create pages).  Fell and I worked on that, but there's been no way to
> actually test it.

That's true - Fell and you tried to activate this delay, but it didn't
actually work.

For this reason I'm asking for a temporary disabling of "createpage"
altogether until we've found out how to set up the 7 day delay correctly.
Thanks!

> > The core devs should all have the privs to kill userids, and we should
> > all review the changes (can it be made into an email notification or
> > RSS/ATOM feed?) daily so that Christian isn't the only one doing
> > cleanup.
>
> Agreed, any core dev that wants it should have SysOp status.

Sure. Jralls, gjanssens, and you already have the SysOp status (called
"Administrator" in the mediawiki naming). Anyone else here?

Regards,

Christian