AUDIT: r22422 - gnucash-docs/trunk - Update README:

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:48:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

Am 04.10.2012 16:20, schrieb Geert Janssens:
> On 24-09-12 04:32, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:
>> +Feel free to append your updates also there.
>> +
>> +Or alternately email us or preferably the devel list with any
>> problems you have.
>> +But the danger exists, email reports could get forgotten.
>> +
> Frank,
>
> You add here "Or alternatively email us...". Couldn't that be taken as
> an invitation to mail the documentation team members in private ?
>
> Personally, I don't want to receive gnucash documentation questions in
> private mail, but only via the mailing lists, either gnucash-devel for
> questions about documentation editing or the process surrounding it, or
> gnucash-general for all other questions/discussions.
>
> All other changes in the README file are good and can be backported in
> my opinion as well.
>
> Geert

The logic of the patch:
I just wished to update the dependencies (first 2 changes).
Then I thought, I am not Chris Lyttle and others updated the file too ->
(last change)
"Team" requires plural form, (change 3,4)
Finally change 4 got an incomplete adjustment to current policies.

I don't know if the original author still wish to get emails.

In theory I would like to scan all readme etc files for keyword mail and
add a note "For details see http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists".
OTOH I think of people living in regions where internet access is not
available or very expensive.

Question: Could there be problems with the documentation, where first
the locale user lists should be contacted instead of the devel list? I
believe so, e.g. translation issues, misunderstanding of terms ...

Your opinion?

Frank