What the use of 'slots' table in gnucash with mysql

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 16 15:41:29 EDT 2012

Slots represent extra information attached to gnucash objects.  The idea is that a new or optional package can attach its own info to objects.  When an object is loaded, the slots are in a directory/subdirectory-like structure.

Slots are optional, and in both the XML and SQL backends, if new information is stored in slots, there is no need to update table or object version numbers.

Phil