What the use of 'slots' table in gnucash with mysql

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 00:48:15 EDT 2012

Someone else can give you an authoritative response, but I've noticed mine has notes or dates associated with some transactions. I've tweaked it from SQL scripts, but always after backing up my database. Mostly I just avoid deleting or creating any record on any table outside of GnuCash. The "name" field on all of "my" records is either "'notes'" or "'date-posted'", so it appears to be a metadata thing. I've noticed that the "'date-posted'" records also have a "null" "string_val" entry with a valid "gdate_val" entry and vice-versa which suggests a "virtual" table indirection for flexibility.

- Art