Position of the close button in the toolbar causes me to close the current window by accident when saving

Shamim Islam shamim.islam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 23:23:02 EDT 2013

I am a user experience architect. I am using GNUcash v2.4.13.I would NEVER
put the "CLOSE" button next to the "SAVE" button.
I would not even put the "CLOSE" button on the toolbar but rather on the
tab that I expect to close.

I am asking WHY we have the CLOSE button next to the SAVE button and what I
need to do to get it changed.

There are many other buttons that are much more useful to have in the
toolbar such as the "Schedule", "Run Scheduled" transactions". I've added
these to the toolbar manually, but have not been able to identify how to
add the picture that goes with. I suspect that the XML file does not
contain all the parts that are customizable or I just don't understand how
to customize it properly to submit it as a patch.

I am tired of updating the interface XML file every time there is an
upgrade to GnuCash in Fedora.

I want to contribute back my changes - as soon as someone can point me in
the right direction.