Position of the close button in the toolbar causes me to close the current window by accident when saving

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 7 10:35:41 EDT 2013

Hi,

Shamim Islam <shamim.islam at gmail.com> writes:

> I am a user experience architect. I am using GNUcash v2.4.13.I would NEVER
> put the "CLOSE" button next to the "SAVE" button.
> I would not even put the "CLOSE" button on the toolbar but rather on the
> tab that I expect to close.
>
> I am asking WHY we have the CLOSE button next to the SAVE button and

It's an historical aspect from well before there was a close button on
the tabs.  It was just never removed from the toolbar.  I don't believe
there is any particular reason it is there today, except for lack of a
compelling reason to remove it.

>      what I need to do to get it changed.

Send in a patch..  (This *IS* the -devel list afterall!)

> There are many other buttons that are much more useful to have in the
> toolbar such as the "Schedule", "Run Scheduled" transactions". I've added
> these to the toolbar manually, but have not been able to identify how to
> add the picture that goes with. I suspect that the XML file does not
> contain all the parts that are customizable or I just don't understand how
> to customize it properly to submit it as a patch.
>
> I am tired of updating the interface XML file every time there is an
> upgrade to GnuCash in Fedora.
>
> I want to contribute back my changes - as soon as someone can point me in
> the right direction.

Create a bug report in Bugzilla ( see http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla
for more informaion ) and attach your patch to the bug report.