Cron <git-svn at code> $HOME/git-svn-sync

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 19 13:41:14 EDT 2013

On Aug 19, 2013, at 10:22 AM, "Derek Atkins" <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

> On Mon, August 19, 2013 1:16 pm, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>> Not quite what I meant. Try `cat gnucash*/HEAD`. They should all be "ref:
>> refs/heads/trunk". Note that gnucash-htdocs isn't svn any more and that
>> the two emails you posted indicated the problem existed in both gnucash
>> and gnucash-docs.
>
> [root at code repositories]# cat gnucash*/HEAD
> ref: refs/heads/master
> ref: refs/heads/master
> ref: refs/heads/master
>
> So it looks like they all look like they point to master.  This all
> happened back in January:
>
> [root at code repositories]# ls -l gnucash*/HEAD
> -rw------- 1 git gitolite3 23 Jan 22  2013 gnucash-docs.git/HEAD
> -rw------- 1 git gitolite3 23 Jan 22  2013 gnucash.git/HEAD
> -rw------- 1 git gitolite3 23 Jan 22  2013 gnucash-htdocs.git/HEAD
>
> Only one repo has a refs/heads/master:
>
> [root at code repositories]# ls -l gnucash*/refs/heads/master
> -rw------- 1 git gitolite3 41 Aug  5 16:18
> gnucash-htdocs.git/refs/heads/master
>
> I don't know if the other repos had them ever, but perhaps we're barking
> up the wrong tree?

Nope, we're in the right place. The error message is complaining about HEAD pointing to a non-existant ref.

Gnucash-htdocs should be OK; refs/heads/trunk should just be a pointer to refs/heads/master for compatibility with people using old local repos with branch pointers to trunk instead of master.

In the each of the other two, run `git symbolic-ref HEAD refs/heads/trunk` and the bad default revision errors should go away.

Regards,
John Ralls