Cron <git-svn at code> $HOME/git-svn-sync

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 26 10:54:49 EDT 2013

On Aug 26, 2013, at 7:11 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>
>>> Even worse, it's now sending two updates every time there's an update to
>>> the SVN repo.  It wasn't doing this before, so clearly something else
>>> must be wrong/missing..  The behavior is definitely different now.
>>
>> I suspect that until the 15th the master branch existed but wasn't an alias.
>
> How could that have happened?

How would it have gotten created? Git init does that, just like svn creates a trunk. How did it get deleted? Somebody deleted it thinking that it was confusing to have both "master" and "trunk".

>> You could restore that configuration with `git symbolic-ref --delete
>> refs/heads/master; git branch master`,
>> or you could get rid of master and set HEAD to trunk: `git
>> symbolic-ref --delete refs/heads/master; git symbolic-ref HEAD
>> refs/heads/trunk`.
>
> Considering the current state of affairs, do you think I should do this?

Well, the current state of affairs doesn't seem to be doing any harm except raising your blood pressure, but we don't want you to have to take statins. ;-) So do the latter one.

Regards,
John Ralls