Migration to git getting closer

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Dec 8 04:37:53 EST 2013

We are quickly approaching the point where GnuCash will switch from svn to git
for the primary version control system.

GnuCash 2.4.14 will be released before the end of December and will be the last
version of GnuCash to be released from svn.

So if you are actively working on GnuCash and haven't set up your own local git
repository, now it the time to look into it. Instructions are found here [1].

I want to do my best to make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone. If
you have any questions on gnucash on git or git usage in general, please don't
hesitate to ask. You can post your questions on the gnucash-devel mailing list. I'm
also frequently on irc [2] these days if you prefer direct interaction.

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
[2] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/IRC