Building on Windows from scratch

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Dec 19 15:04:27 EST 2013

Dear Gary,

I've used those instructions several times, and quite successfully each time
(although it takes hours).

Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2013, 09:36:28 schrieb Gary Bilkus:
> Has anyone actually succeeded in following the instructions on the wiki page
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows/Development
>
> I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Almost every stage seems to fail - wget won't
> download automatically, crypt libraries are missing when you get wget,
> other libraries don't compile. I follow various threads to fix the
> problems, and finally get an executable which just crashes.

I think the 64-bit part causes quite some issues for you. The binaries are
almost surely not 64-bit capable and those might result in many of the
problems you're facing.

Other than that, we could just ask you to list the problems, one by one and in
detail, so that one by one those get fixed again, or extended so that win7
64bit works as well.

Regards,

Christian