Screen shots and blurb wanted !

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Dec 27 14:16:14 EST 2013

On Saturday 14 December 2013 21:40:52 Cristian Marchi wrote:
> Il 14/12/2013 12:20, Geert Janssens ha scritto:
> > On Friday 06 December 2013 15:33:51 Cristian Marchi wrote:
> > > Ooops. This one should be ok:
> > >
> > > http://goo.gl/CKlSKM
> >
> > We are past the deadline for screenshots. And we got one submission
> > which happened to be clean and pretty screenshots. So those images
> > will be used.
> >
> > Cristian: thanks for making them.
> >
> > And since you happen to have commit access yourself to the website,
> > are you willing to give them a new home there yourself ?

Cristian,

For now I have put your screenshots in the images/features directory on the website. I needed
them to be available online before release to fix the appdata xml file. But please do use them
for a nice feature page on the website as well !

> I will try to put up a page to showcase major improvements in the 2.6
> release. In the above screenshots I've captured only the new feature I
> was able to reproduce: if someone has a request for a particular new
> feature, please tell me and I will try to document it.
Such a page would be great. The main new features are repeated in the most recent release
notes. If you need help presenting any of those, just shout.

> IMHO it would be useful to have on the GnuCash repo an example file
> that could be used just to showcase GnuCash features: I've such a
> file but it is somehow basic (f.e. it doesn't contain examples of
> business functions, stocks, multy-currency, etc...). What do all
> others think?

+1 from me. That would make it a lot easier to come up with a consistent set of screenshots.
What you have right now it probably a good start. We can extend that one as we go along. Do
you have write access to the gnucash repository ? If you, I propose you add it in doc/examples.
Perhaps we could name it "demo.gnucash" ?

Geert