Gnucash 2.5/6

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 8 10:09:47 EST 2013

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> Forgot to mention: Gtk3 was indeed not on the agenda for 2.6. 2.6 is
> only meant to be *ready* to be migrated. This means getting rid of all
> the deprecated gtk symbols. Other than the register this is done. So
> the register rewrite is actually important for this goal, whether we
> use the GtkTreeView approach or the libgnome->cairo route.

Personnaly I'd rather see us move to Qt instead of Gtk3 when that
decision has to be made.  My reasoning is that I think the Gtk
developers have lost sight of their target audience, and as a result
keep removing features that are vital.  It's too much of a loose
firehose, and IMHO shouldn't be supported anymore.  Indeed, for my next
desktop re-install I plan to move away from a Gnome desktop and over to
XFCE..

Note that this has nothing to do with the 2.6 release, but it's
something we should think about when contemplating a move to gtk3.