Gnucash 2.5/6

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Feb 8 04:19:21 EST 2013

On 07-02-13 19:32, John Ralls wrote:
> Geert mentioned in the Notification Emails thread that he'd like to get 2.6 released in less than a year, and Christian was pushing to do so this time *last* year. On the principle that "Release is a misnomer. Software is never released, it escapes." [1], it's probably time to release 2.5.0 so that we can at least start down that road. Shall we say feature freeze now, string freeze in July, 2.6 release 1 November?
>
> Or is anyone actively working on features that should go in? What became of the rewrite of the register to GtkTreeView? Failing that, has anyone taken a shot at rewriting it with Cairo instead of libgnome? Note that I'm not proposing a Gtk3 migration for 2.6: We're doing that at Gramps, and MSWin is proving to be troublesome. In fact, it appears that no one is supporting Gtk3-MSWin at the moment.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
>
> [1] I don't know where that originated. My wife brought it with her from DEC, where it was apparently a truism.
Forgot to mention: Gtk3 was indeed not on the agenda for 2.6. 2.6 is
only meant to be *ready* to be migrated. This means getting rid of all
the deprecated gtk symbols. Other than the register this is done. So the
register rewrite is actually important for this goal, whether we use the
GtkTreeView approach or the libgnome->cairo route.

Geert