Gnucash 2.5/6

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 11 09:00:01 EST 2013

Yes.  I have a first draft ready to go.  Looks pretty rough but is usable, which is what I needed.

What I've done:
1) structurally, split GncBudgetView out from GncPluginPageBudget.  GncBudgetView provides a widget that GncPluginPageBudget can use and configure.
2) modified GncBudgetView so that if a budget cell belongs to an account which has children, but does not have a value of its own, it displays the sum of its children's budget values in gray.  Provides a row of totals.
3) added a col called "totals" which sums the values for each row and provides a total for the year (assuming a 12-month budget)
4) added a section below the main budget with 4 lines:
    a) income - duplicates the values from the top level income account
    b) expenses - duplicates the values from the top level expense account
    c) transfers - top level assets values - top level liabilities values
    d) total = income - expenses - transfers.  Red if negative

Basically these changes provide some totals and summary values.

I'd really like the columns in the lower display to line up with those in the upper display, but haven't figured that out yet.  I'd like the account name and totals column to be fixed, and any scrolling to happen with the budget period figures, but haven't figured that out yet.  I could make the totals column a separate tree view outside the main tree view, but would then need to make it expand and contract along with the main tree view.  Basically, I'm trying to learn the gtk widgets and make a good display.  If anyone is a gtk expert and wants to give me some pointers, that would be great.

I was trying to set up git and locked myself out of svn, so I'm unable to commit anything at this point.  I want to do a bit more cleanup, but should have something by next weekend.

Phil