How to enable debugging in Scheme Reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 17:54:32 EST 2013

NOTE to moderator: Please delete my previous email (sent from a non-subscribing address)

Every once in a blue moon, I get the idea that I might be able to fix some aspect of GnuCash that doesn't work the way I expect it. Even though to date this idea has proved delusional, I nevertheless keep trying.

The discussion about Cost Basis calculations in the Advanced Portfolio report got me opening up the scheme file in hopes that I might figure out how to fix it. In looking through the code, it appears to my uneducated eye that someone before me was quite interested in the cost basis code, as there are gnc:debug lines embedded throughout the code. My question at this point is this: how would I activate and make use of these debug codes?

Ever-dangerous,
David