How to enable debugging in Scheme Reports

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Feb 17 21:34:04 EST 2013

--On February 17, 2013 2:54:32 PM -0800 "David T."
<sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The discussion about Cost Basis calculations in the Advanced
> Portfolio report got me opening up the scheme file in hopes that I
> might figure out how to fix it. In looking through the code, it
> appears to my uneducated eye that someone before me was quite
> interested in the cost basis code, as there are gnc:debug lines
> embedded throughout the code. My question at this point is this: how
> would I activate and make use of these debug codes?

One way to control this output is to use a "log.conf" file as described
in <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Logging>.  The log domain for Scheme
debugging output is "gnc.scm" so you need a line something like

gnc.scm=debug

in the [levels] section of the file.

           Mike