Gnucash 2.5/6 - jqplot

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Feb 21 13:13:50 EST 2013

Op 21-02-13 18:40, Mike Evans schreef:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:16:53 +0100
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> Op 21-02-13 15:18, Mike Evans schreef:
>>> Lovely charts Geert.  Two of the features I added in the Net Worth
>>> line chart are obsoleted/broken.  Optional grid and optional data
>>> markers no longer work as advertised so I'll have to look at them
>>> or remove them.  Not really sure if either are necessary anyway.
>> Thanks, most of the credit goes to Andy Clayton though, who did most
>> of the work. I mostly tuned and updated it.
>>
>> About the options, that got dropped, I didn't notice them, sorry. It
>> shouldn't be too hard to add them again. I'll fix it in a next round.
>>> All the charts could possibly use an alternate black and white
>>> stylesheet for printing, is this easier to achieve using jqplot?
>>> This is not new because of jqplot though.
>> It depends, but I don't think I understand exactly what you would
>> like to achieve here. Can you elaborate a bit ?
>>
>> Geert
> Charts don't print very well on a B&W laser. They didn't before to be
> fair. For B&W the lines, text, borders etc., need to be black
> (obviously) with a different line style (dash type) for each data line.
> Basically a user should be able to toggle between B&W and colour in the
> chart preferences.  Just curious as to how hard this would be to
> implement.
>
> I don't know how many people would need this, so it probably isn't a
> high priority anyway.
>
> Mike Evans

I think is possible, but not straightforward. The base colours are in a
css file. This could easily be overridden in a custom css file
specifically for printing.

But the line/bar/pie segment colors are chosen by the java script code.
The jqplot code is flexible enough that you can even override these by
setting options for the jqplot object, but it could be more difficult to
only do that for printing.

Overriding line styles is similar to overriding the data colors: you can
do it by setting javascript options. Again, it may be more complicated
to do this only for printing.

Geert